Reiki benefits everyone, whether they believe in it or not. Even if those benefits aren’t obvious, you can be sure that it is doing you good on some level of your being.
As you already know by now, Reiki is Universal life force, and to some it is the healing energy of the Divine; the “all-knowing, all pervading, God force”. How, then, could the benefits of reiki ever be limited?
This invisible power has been recognised for thousands of years.
The Chinese call it Chi (or Qi); in sanskrit it’s known as prana; the ancient Egyptians called it Ka. Without this vital life force, we weaken and die, but conversely…
The more you allow reiki to flow through you,
the more you thrive!
Reiki Benefits For The Giver
1. The Benefit Is Accumulative
Like water flowing downhill, it naturally streams to where your energy is most depleted or blocked. It clears and widens the energy channels as it flows, so that reiki builds in strength the more you use it.
2. Ease Of Treatment
Reiki is easy to give to yourself or to others because you don’t need to know “what’s wrong” before you start treatment. The energy doesn’t need a medical diagnosis, or any analytical assessment of your health, in order to know where to go.
3. There Is No Energy Drain For The Healer
Unlike many other forms of healing, the practitioner does not lose energy in the process of helping others. Whether you’re giving or receiving reiki, your “batteries” are getting re-charged.
4. Complete safety
Reiki can do no harm. It doesn’t go against any religion, or way of life; and there are no medical contraindications to giving reiki, although there are some cautions. (see broken bones section below)
Benefits For The Receiver
From my experience, the three main groups of benefits to receiving reiki are:– first aid; general healing; and other benefits.
1. Benefits of Reiki As First Aid
Our physical bodies are vulnerable. They’re subjected to knocks and bruises, cuts and sprains, burns and bites, falls and broken bones, not to mention the shock of it all. With any sudden onset trauma, you can reiki the damaged area for local relief, and the lower abdomen for a calming, comforting effect; or whatever part (of the person; yourself; or animal) you can reach.
- Instant Treatment Available Provided that your hands are free and you are conscious, you can instantly give yourself or someone else healing energy. It’s instinctive to place your hands over painful and damaged areas of your body. This reactive reiki, as I call it, is the most common type of reiki self-treatment, and I’ve had plenty of experience with it. Every reiki channel would use the healing energy this way, to deal with life’s challenges as they occur.
- Physical Healing Is Sped Up Reiki speeds up the natural healing process. It reduces blood loss, swelling, inflammation and pain, and helps repair broken and burnt skin.
- Reduces Shock And Aids Emotional HealingThe emotional trauma can be just as debilitating as physical trauma. Reiki helps to calm the mind and body. It reduces stress and shock; and makes it easier to let go of the mental impact of negative events.
- Works Well With Standard First Aid Procedures You can still use ice – don’t put your hot reiki hand directly over it or it will melt more quickly – and compression bandages or strapping. You can still elevate limbs and apply pressure to stop bleeding; you can still use ointments and medication, if you want.
Tips And Cautions
- Bruises are interesting because they can provide some evidence of reiki working. If you put your hand over a large bruise, (a “cork thigh” for example), for 10 minutes or longer, with your fingers spread apart to try and cover more of the damaged area, you’ll quite likely see the shape of your hand in the bruise. The areas of contact, i.e under your palm and fingers, will be noticeably lighter than other parts of the bruise. This isn’t good to test out on your paying clients, of course, but otherwise it’s fun to do.
- Burns will sting a lot with the heat from your hand, so it’s probably better to keep your hand close but not touching the burn. There’s a nifty trick for a burnt tongue that makes it easier to treat than sticking a hand in your mouth. Instead, reiki one or both soles of your feet. This is one of those weird things that actually works!
- A Heart Attack is sometimes not what it seems. If the pain is referred from air trapped under the diaphragm, then giving reiki to the lower ribs will ease the pain considerably. You can try this (and do over the heart as well, of course) while you wait for the ambulance to arrive.
- Broken Bones A word of caution… avoid giving reiki directly over displaced fractures before the bones are set in place, because it won’t help to have them join together while they’re out of alignment. To reduce shock and pain, treat the “emotional radio”, the lower abdomen area.
2. General Healing Benefits
We are meant to thrive! So, constant reminders of ill health run contrary to how we (as higher beings) know that we should be. The physical-you believes in disease, and probably expects to catch the cold that is going around; the non-physical YOU knows itself to be pure positive energy, eternally flowing with the universal stream of well-being.
The difference between the two beliefs creates a gap between you and YOU. This reduces the amount of life force that can flow to you. But there is help at hand… literally!
Giving yourself reiki can help to bridge that gap, connecting your physical being with the vibrantly healthy being that you really are.
Ongoing health problems can be even more stressful to the mind and body than sudden trauma. Frequent pain wears you down. Being sick is exhausting. Feeling limited by your body is depressing. Giving yourself reiki is one way to speed up your recovery; reduce your pain and stress; boost your immune system; and let go of old emotional issues that are keeping you stuck.
More specifically, the reiki benefits for general healing are…
- Increased Speed Of Recovery Reiki can be used to speed up your body’s natural resolution of ANY health issue, whether it’s short- lived like a sore throat, a cold, a stomach pain, or a headache; or it’s something more serious.
- Pain Relief Chronic pain can be eased considerably by repeated sessions of reiki, especially when it is combined with awareness and release, of the emotional issues underlying the dis-ease.
- Stress Reduction Daily self treatment, reiki sessions will combat the damaging effect of high stress levels that are related to work, home, finances, illness and other general issues. Reiki can also help you cope with specific stresses, like having an operation; public speaking (or anything else that makes you nervous); and sudden ill health or pain, like a ruptured disc in your spine.
- Help With Chronic Or Serious Illness Reiki can help to reduce stiffness, swelling and pain of conditions such as arthritis. It can also help you deal with side effects of treatment, like nausea that is common with chemotherapy. It’s worth using reiki for anything.
- Letting Go of Emotional Baggage It can help you let go of resentments, anger, blame, shame, fear, self doubt, and all troubling feelings that are keeping you from having a happy life. While you think about a problem that you have, you can reiki your lower abdomen, or your heart, or both.
- A Cure, Maybe – Relief, Definitely Even though there is anecdotal evidence of reiki “curing” some people of serious illnesses, it is not a cure as such. Your body uses the energy to heal itself and, it’s true, that may result in a cure for you, but reiki is not THE cure. The energy assists; relieves; reduces; and calms; it provides a ‘good environment’ for healing to occur.
- Reiki Works Well With Any Healing Modality There are no clashes, and no contraindications, and it does NO harm. Barring miracles, you can’t get better than that!
- Reduces Treatment Soreness For hands-on healers, if your clients are too sore to treat effectively, then a few minutes of reiki over the tender area will change that, allowing you to use more pressure and give a better treatment. And it’s certainly better than having your clients squirm around on the table, in pain!
- Boosts Your Immune System Your immune system will thank you for daily energy boosts with reiki. If your life force is low, you are more susceptible to illness… Continued on page 2 Click Next>> or the page link below
Pages: 1 2