Meet the newest kid on the block for Satori Method Academy. It's called The Flow Form, and it's Tristan Truscott's baby. By that I mean he's invested a lot of himself in this qigong moving meditation. There is genuine love shining through for what he teaches; plus an encouraging show of confidence in the healing properties of qigong. He would know, after all!
If you've seen his other qigong online program, done with Peter Ragnar, you may wonder what's different about this one. Everything you need to know about The Flow Form is in this comprehensive review. So, keep reading and you'll understand why it's right that Tristan Truscott teaches this one alone.
Origins Of The Satori Method Flow Form
No doubt you've heard the old, English proverb before that says, "Necessity is the mother of invention." And this is what lies at the foundations of The Flow Form. Tristan's need to overcome his personal suffering drove him to find his own solution. His need led to the invention, or creation of this wonderful, self healing qigong course... which is our gain!
Tristan's five year struggle with debilitating back pain and injury, led him to explore many healing options. He tried everything available, including expensive spinal surgery but nothing worked until he started exploring the ancient healing art of qigong.
From his new studies, and previously attained knowledge, he created a personal healing program of fluid, qigong movements and postures. This unique program, combined with meditation and visualisation techniques, allowed him to heal fully. And then to regain his previous black-belt karate, fitness level.
And now Tristan Truscott has decided to make this special healing qigong program available to YOU; as the Satori Method, Flow Form.
What's So Special About The Flow Form?
If you've been looking at qigong dvds or courses for a while, you'll know that there are hundreds of qigong styles and programs available. So you may like to know what sets this program up at the top of the qigong ladder.
You can access The Flow Form Product page here (opens in a new window)
Or continue reading...
Quick Review Of The Flow Form Qigong Training
Full Review of The Flow Form Qigong Course
This full review gives detailed information about the Satori Method Qigong online course called The Flow Form. It includes details on the four most important qualifying criteria from the quick review above, plus my personal evaluation, and the pros and cons.
- ease of use
- my rating
- pros & Cons
1. Value For Money
When you buy The Flow Form online program, you are given lifetime access to the digital materials. So, if you move house and misplace your hard copy; or you move to a different country, or lose everything on your computer, you will always be able to access (and re-download) the lessons. Provided you have a device connected to the internet and your Satori Method Academy, free membership details are kept updated, you will be able to access The Flow Form anywhere, any time!
This is unbeatable value, in the security and wide access that it gives you for your purchase.
The Digital Online Product
The investment for the digital course is $147 . That's for a 25 page pdf (some pages are for your notes); a 16 minute audio; and 14 videos (ranging in length from 7 mins to 27 mins). It is a four week course with a lifetime of use. So any way you divide it, this qigong training is good value.
A download link is sent to your email address immediately after you purchase The Flow Form, so you can start your qigong training as soon as you like.
In your members area for The Flow Form, you'll find this menu that clearly shows you what part to do next.
- The GET STARTED section gives you the pdf course outline, an introduction video, and a video about qigong fundamental principles. It's important to watch these before starting the week one lessons.
- WEEK ONE, TWO AND THREE include your Private Lessons and Practice Sessions for the Power Centre, Heart Centre, and Wisdom Centre (in that order). You use these videos for the whole week.
- In the Private Lessons, Tristan goes through each movement in fine detail. He is very thorough, and the explanations are interesting and clear. It is a bit like learning dance steps for a routine. The slow pace gives you plenty of time to learn the choreography. Plus there's no limit to how many times you can watch them and practice.
As any dancer will know, the more automatic your movements become (through training the muscle-memory), the more you can focus on the quality of the movement. In the case of qigong movements, this means you can start to FEEL and GO WITH THE FLOW of the qi (chi) in and around your body.
- The Practice Sessions take you through the movements for each of the energy centres (one a week) without interruption. You follow along with Tristan Truscott as your Sensei (teacher). Don't worry though, he verbally directs you through all the movements.
- In WEEK FOUR, all the lessons come together as one fifteen minute qigong routine. This incorporates all that you have learned in the first three weeks to activate and circulate the life force energy through your Power Centre, Heart Centre and Wisdom Centre. This week brings the magic into your qigong practice as you now integrate all three energy centres with your qigong practice. This is when you are likely to feel bigger changes in your well-being.
There are three versions of the full Flow Form for you to use, which is excellent value. Satori Method Qigong knows that people have individual preferences. Not everyone likes the same music, and not everyone relaxes in the same setting. So you can choose the indoors, ocean or park setting to really put you in the right frame of mind for your qigong practice. This also gives you a choice of instruction or no instruction; and different music-nature sounds to enjoy.
- There are THREE BONUSES: An audio track for you to do the qigong routine without the video. This gives you greater freedom to practice the moves wherever you like. A video showing you how to incorporate special magnets into your qigong training. And an introductory month of private coaching and VIP club access for $7 (the usual rate is $47 a month)
There is a thriving Satori Method Community on Facebook where you can keep up with the latest news and access a free meditation.
The Standing Meditations come as two videos. As with the earlier lessons there is a Private Lesson and a Practice Session showing you how to get the most benefit from these standing meditations.
The full Flow Form course can be done online, or you can download all the course material to your computer. The choice is yours! If your internet access is troublesome, you may prefer to download everything, so you can access it any time. You are also permitted to burn one copy to dvd for your own use.
Ease Of Download
Which brings me to the reason why I rated their Ease of Download (in the quick review) as 4.5 stars, not 5.
The One Click Download link in the menu takes you to a page where all the individual components can be downloaded. I would have liked the option of a single zipped file with everything in it. That would have been 5 stars to me, but I understand that many people wouldn't use this option anyway. There are issues with larger downloads, with many computers, and since there's no hurry (you have a lifetime, remember!) it might be better to download one section at a time.
The Physical Product
The trend these days is towards digital music and videos. I guess it's a space saving, cost-saving move. If, like me, you still like to have a physical copy of your purchase, then Satori Method Academy have you covered. You can check the box for the optional hard copy upgrade at the checkout.
- The extra cost is only $27 (plus postage); great value for 6 discs.
- The 6 disc, (5 dvds and 1 cd), course comes neatly packaged in a compact, sturdy case that doesn't take up much storage space.
- The videos are of excellent quality.
- While you wait for your hard copy to be delivered, you can get started online (assuming you have internet access of course).
Why This Course Is Such Good Value
- This is a unique qigong course, created and taught by Tristan Truscott, co-founder of Satori Method Academy.
- You have lifetime access to The Flow Form course materials online
- You can choose whether to invest in a hard copy of the course or not
- The investment for this unique combination of physical and downloadable course material is very fair. A lot of knowledge and effort has gone into making this moving meditation, qigong course exceptional. In many regards this information is priceless. What would you give for a flexible, comfortable body to spend your life in; supercharged energy; a deep sense of inner peace; and maybe even a longer life?
- The DIGITAL ONLY product is $147. The hard copy upgrade is $27
- Tristan is contactable by email, and Satori Method also offer a private membership (for a monthly fee) to their Transformation Academy, for weekly coaching and other assistance.
2. Reliability - It Does What It Says It Does
Tristan Truscott is an excellent teacher and instructor; he's obviously used to leading qigong classes. The 4-week qigong program is paced for ease of learning, and for growing your confidence in the movements and postures. The lessons are clear and highly informative. You'll always know why you're doing the movements a certain way. The teaching style is entertaining, and provided that you don't leap into the full program before you've completed the earlier stages, you'll find that the training flows perfectly. The Flow Form delivers on its promises.
- With Practice And Focussed Attention, you can feel your chi flowing and get a sense of the energy moving your body for you. The three separate sessions teach you how to strengthen and build your qi (chi) in each of your main dantians or energy centres, that Tristan refers to as your Wisdom Centre, Heart Centre, and Power Centre
- Look For Subtle Changes. It's likely that in the early stages of doing the qigong exercises, you'll notice some subtle changes. Maybe you feel more energised, which makes your day less of a drag. Your skin might feel softer and look younger; you might sleep more deeply; you may have less aches and pains (although any new exercise program can temporarily produce a few sore spots). Your general mood might improve, so you experience less stress; less irritability, and a growing sense of deep inner peace. You may have signs of improved hormonal balance, however that shows up for you.
- The Long Term Benefits that this program claims to deliver, such as greater strength, flexibility and range of motion; pain relief; improved sleep; and a calmer mind, will largely depend on your starting point (i.e your state of health at the beginning). It will also depend on your attention to detail, and the frequency of your practice. Going by my experience of this method so far, there is every reason to expect a rising improvement in your overall well-being. The longer you keep practicing the moving meditation lessons, and the standing meditations that make up The Flow Form, the better you are likely to feel!
3. Ease Of Use For Self Healing
If you can put a dvd into your player, (or click play on your media player video or audio) and can follow clear directions in English, then there shouldn't be any problem.
So, why did I rate it 4.5 stars instead of 5? This rating is not a negative judgement of this course. It's just a comment about the ease of use. If you're the sort of person who gets easily frustrated with choreographed movements then maybe this course is not your best choice.
The Flowing Movements
The qigong movements are like the water they emulate - a little bit slippery and hard to get hold of, the first few times you try them. They are a bit more complicated than the ones in Good Morning Good Evening Qigong, because they involve more planes of movement at the same time which is, by the way, also part of the fun!
The Flow Form website describes the movements as simple enough for anyone to learn, and I agree to a point. You just do a mirror image of what Tristan does...
AND LAUGH A LOT when you get confused by the rotation elements. You'll see what I mean when you try it.
The movements are beautifully organic and flowing, which is absolute manna to the subconscious mind. Just don't let your conscious mind stress out too much if you don't get it right the first time around. Relax and go with the flow. It will all work out perfectly in the end, and you'll understand why it's called a moving meditation.
The Course Format
It's super easy to follow this particular qigong online course. Everything is laid out clearly with the menu in your member's area (see the picture and related details in the VALUE section). If you download the materials, you might find it helpful to number the videos, as I have done to make it easy to find the one you want.
Below are all the elements of the Satori Method qigong course. There are 14 videos in mp4 format, one audio or mp3, and one pdf course guide. Your downloads may look different depending on what device you put them on and what programs you use to play your audios and videos.
- The lessons are easily spaced over 4 weeks, to give you time to become familiar with each segment before you put them all together.
- The recommended frequency of practice is 3 to 5 times a week, but it is safe to do qigong every day if you want to.
- You may need to go through the Private Lessons for each week a few times to get the finer points worked out
- The Practice Sessions are best done at least 3 times a week. 5 is better! They are only 6 to 8 minutes long
- A word of warning. If you have weak legs from inactivity, bed rest or other cause, don't try to copy Tristan exactly at first. Go at your own pace and keep the lunging and squat movements (horse stance) at a comfortable level. Otherwise you'll suffer a bit with sore quadriceps (front of your thighs) and this could put you off continuing your qigong practice, which would be a pity. As your legs get stronger, you'll be naturally able to sink down lower. This is also one of the reasons for sticking to the course format and doing each section for the recommended week before moving on. It gives your body time to adjust.
What About Healing Others?
The comment here is the same as for The GMGE qigong course. The Flow Form is aimed at self healing and self improvement. It does not include medical qigong for healing others.
And as I said in the other review, a strong, healthy, happy person is never a burden or concern to others. The more chi you store in your own body, the less you'll look to others to provide that energy. The more you radiate vital life force, the more magnetic you become to others. You'll be a joy to be around, and that will aid others healing.
If you are looking for a qigong course to heal others, please take a look at my Spring Forest Qigong Review.
4. The Money Back Guarantee
You can take comfort in the fact that there is a 100%, 30-day money back guarantee for The Flow Form qigong training but I doubt you'll need it.
The guarantee period starts from your order date, before you receive the physical package, if you've ordered one, but this is not a problem because you'll have immediate access to the lessons online. You shouldn't need more than a week or two to see the enormous potential of this course for you.
Once your physical product arrives, it should only take a few moments to check that the dvds and the cd play correctly. It's unlikely that you'll have any problem...
5. My Personal Rating For The Flow Form
The Satori Method Flow Form, qigong training is one of my favourite qigong online courses. I have always believed that dance is good for the soul as well as the body, and this fluid, graceful form of qigong is what I call an energy dance. It feels rejuvenating and calming at the same time. I'm still working on the meditational aspect of the course. It takes a while for the movements to become second nature, so that the moving meditation aspect can be fully appreciated.
Things I like about the course....
- You can go with the flow, but still control your effort and level of exercise. It IS possible to feel the flow of chi moving your limbs and torso through the spiralling, flowing movements, while you still take care of yourself. The thighs get more of a workout than you notice at the time, particularly if you try to copy Tristan's low, horse stance. So, remember to take it at your own pace. If you haven't exercised for a while, or you spend a lot of time sitting, then make sure you follow his advice about modifying the exercises and postures.
- The standing meditations are great for when you just want to be still, but you also want to strengthen your body, and your mental focus skills.
- The course content is well-structured and easy to follow. The videos are short enough, to fit in a session each day. Tristan Truscott's teaching is clear, entertaining and highly informative. I was most impressed. Even if you've practiced qigong for a while, you may learn things about qigong that you've never heard or understood before.
- The full program can be done in about 15 minutes. It's long enough to be able to relax and go with the flow, and short enough to fit this "movement medicine" (as he calls it), into your day. Plus, you can always do one of the single, energy centre sessions, which will only take 7 or 8 minutes, if you don't have time for the full program. They are also useful if you want a specific improvement. Tristan covers the benefits for the Power Centre, Heart Centre and Wisdom Centre in the private lessons, and the pdf.
- The movements take a while to become smooth and free-flowing and this gives you something to work at. We all like a challenge... as long as it's not too challenging, right? This course finds that point of balance between too easy and too hard.
I am happy to recommend this qigong online course, whether you're looking to heal existing health conditions, or you just want to look after your body, and want general well-being in mind, body and spirit.
Disclaimer: Please note that I did not pay for this course. It was given to me by Tristan and Sabrina, to try it out. There was, however, no expectation that I would provide a review as payment for the course. I freely choose to include this program in my recommended healing tools section because it matches the standards that I have set. As with many other programs I recommend, I will receive a commission if you choose to buy it through my link. No commissions would eventually mean no website. So, thank you for your support.
6. Pros and Cons of The Flow Form Qigong
- The movements are a little more complex than most of the other qigong courses I have recommended, and they require a higher level of coordination, which some people may find frustrating. (This is also a good thing)
- If your measure of successful exercise is how much you get to clench and tighten your muscles, then you're bound to find fault with this course. The no pain, no gain philosophy is an old school judgement , that is definitely out of sync with this soft, flowing qigong training.
- The movements are a little more complex than most of the other recommended qigong courses, which is wonderful for developing your coordination and spatial awareness. It stimulates the brain with new learning and helps you focus on your body in a new way. This is an important part of healing (old injuries especially)
- The course is excellent quality and is well taught. Concepts and movements are clearly explained. Nothing is left to chance. It's good value.
- It's fun to do. You learn some choreographed movements, and then refine them to suit YOUR body, so it can express and heal itself through movement. As Tristan says, it's "movement medicine".
- There are 4 options provided for doing the full Flow Form. (3 videos and one audio track) The videos are with or without spoken cues, and with different settings (indoors, park and ocean); and with different music. You're sure to find one at least that you like.
- If you don't have enough time to do the full flow form, then you can use one of the three follow-along practice sessions from weeks one to three. Just choose whether you want more oomph, love, or wisdom and, 8 minutes later, you'll be more tuned into that quality.
- This qigong course gives you LIFETIME online access! Until the computer crashes and people lose all their files, they don't appreciate what great value this is!
- There is an optional hard copy for people that prefer physical DVDs. This is useful if you don't have easy access to a computer, or there's more space in front of the TV to do your qigong exercise, or for a host of other reasons.
- There is an option for weekly live coaching and other assistance with a paid membership to their private online Transformation Academy.
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE OFFER ALREADY?
IF NOT, CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW AND FIND OUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS
THIS SATORI METHOD, QIGONG ONLINE COURSE CAN DO FOR YOU!
How much longer will you WAIT to feel GOOD?
The seconds are ticking away!
Do something for yourself and for your body.
THANKS FOR VISITING. I hope this qigong review was useful for you.